20 May 2009

Disclaimer

As of late, I have found myself in heated debates via a certain networking site & was told I should blog about this shit. Hmmm, would anyone even care about the bitter diatribes of a stay at home mom? Not that my life is dull or bitter, it's just that the sarcastic and dark side of me tends to overrule the sunny happy side...if I had a sunny side.

Blogging about my life also goes against the eight year old girl inside of me who is afraid her parents might find out about what she's writing about.

Seriously.

See, I had the mother who read my diary (why is it that kids always hide their diaries between the mattresses?). My Mom always told me that what ever I did, she'd know about it. And she was ALWAYS right. So, either she sold her soul to Beelzebub for this power (one of many), or I was a ridiculously stupid kid. I never ended up in any "special" classes, so you do the math.

Another reason to resist blogging - time. I have a daughter, Little E, born Sept. 2006 and a son, The Baby Apostle, born April 2009. I shouldn't have time to bathe, let alone have time to blog about being smelly. So, we'll see how this goes.

The last reason to resist blogging. What will people think of me? That's a good question that has trailed me for decades. Truth be told, becoming a mother & turning thirty gave me a greater sense of self. That self began to care less & less about what people thought & rendered to the fact that the filter once placed on her mouth had somehow been removed.

So here's the disclaimer

I swear - some times alot, but never blaspheme - I still care what God thinks

You might not like some of the things I write about, but you only have to have an opinion to blog & it's not as if I'm telling you to substitue your opinions or beliefs with what you read here.

You may be exposed to frustrating rants regarding life as a mom (ie - baby puke, stretch marks, whale mating)

You may be exposed to jubilant posts regarding life as a mom (ie - potty success, baking, joyful kids)

So if you're still reading, consider yourself warned & enjoy. Entertainment is not guaranteed.





1 comment:

  1. Your lack of sunny-ness may be viewed by some as entertaining despite your honest disclaimer that entertainment is in the eye of the beholder. Let the irreverent mommy through... for there is baby puke to clean and whale mating to negotiate.

    ReplyDelete